Raw Granola Bar Recipe

Raw Granola Bars
My daughter, Riley, made up this recipe and the kids (and the hubby)
think it's great, so I thought I'd share it with you all!
Mix (If needed melt over very low heat on the stove)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup peanut butter
Add 1 tsp vanilla to mixture

In a bowl, blend:
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raw coarsely chopped almonds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raw pistachios
1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
(Replace any 1/4 cup nuts with coconut flakes or with other raw seeds/nuts)

Add wet ingredients to dry, blend well and press into a greased 9x9 in pan
Refrigerate then cut into bars.

Make up several batches and cut into squares and freeze, good for on the go hearty snack to tie you over on a trip.

8 comments:

Jannie said...

That sounds yummy! I'll have to try it sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Jeannie said...

Can you substitute anything for some of the seeds and nuts?
I have been looking for a granola bar recipe that is good and easy that most of the family likes. That's great that you can freeze them! Do you have a granola recipe that you like?

Sarah Gibby said...

I just made these. Mmmm, mmmm! My kids are going to love them. Thank you! Keep it up, all your advise and recipes, love it!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Sounds good! Jeannie, I bet you could substitute anything for the seeds and nuts, although sunflower seeds are really healthy and the others add protein and healthy fats. Maybe some dried fruits?
I am raw vegan and found this recipe, and can almost use it for raw food, too! Except, rolled oats are not raw--they are steamed as they cut them, so I will use whole oat groats and either soak them overnight, then pulse them in the food processor, or just pulse them dry for a crunchier bar!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

(And the peanut butter is not raw, but I will use raw almond butter or make my own peanut butter out of raw peanuts!) And the honey and coconut oil are often pasteurized but are also available raw.

Anonymous said...

Wow Janine,
I love this raw granola bar recipe.
I m going to try it soon and let you know :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I guess I got ur name wrong. So I m calling you Riley's mom :)

Reyna Brown said...

These are amazing! My three year old son is named Riley, too. I switched up some ingredients and used pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, coconut, raisins, carob chips and agave nectar instead of honey. GENIUS! :)